jueves, 4 de marzo de 2021

3d Printing is the Future

 Hi colleaghes,m i am sadly so slow and underpowered last times. No painted figure in weeks.

However I made some experiments with 3d printing, thanks to my friend Gabi who purchased a powerful  resine device last month. He es becomeing an expert..

 In the practices, we got some interesing 3d files, and we achieved to produce some unedited 1:72 figures which look promising...

We got as example these nice Dwarf artillery and slayers from Patron Artist KYOUSHUNEKO MINIATURES.. Concept is for 28mm fnatasy gaming, but sclaing to 1:72 is relative easy with the software (about 73% of original size)




And here the 3d File ready to "slice" and send to printer.."Only" 2h of preparing the numeorus support stikcs needed to get the figure hanged from the roof as it "appears"during the printing process , from feet to head 




Well, first test were a little mess.. Title of this crration is "Cola Ice candy out oof the Fridge"




And then , some good products:



Azog the Orc printed in 55mm scale...Superb!!! (that was my friends reward)


And finnally my own printed dwarf babies:

Organ gun



Slayers:



I will post comparison puicturtes soon with plastic 1/72 standared figures, and hop0efully some also painted... My "pile of shame" is not getting smaller last times..






6 comentarios:

  1. Very impressive.

    Future of our hobby is multicolour printed figures. You will need just use few washes and highlights and thats it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very nice I'm very interested to see what they look like next to the commercially available minis

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sprinks, thank you.
      I placed them together just 5min ago and I fear we shot a little out of the scale, as we watched only total height and did not realize the total proportions (the models are too sturdy)... anyway some poses match good.. (tomorrow I post some pictures) and I have still many other Days and much resin to practice

      Eliminar
  3. I'm going to have to upgrade to a resin printer eventually. I still think that 3D sculptors need to learn a bit about actual physical mini sculpting though. I still find a lot of 3D models too artificial looking (if you can say that of a model).

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ey, thank for your post. I agree mostly with you, many 3d models look as Toys or still as unnatural posing, but It is possible also to find many examples of well oroportioned and detailed creations (many good artist exist still , not only in "manual" handy world but also with modern computer tools)

      I am currently a little hang with all this stuff , I find It full of possibilities

      Eliminar