miércoles, 17 de marzo de 2021

Lots of 1:72 printing!! (or Succes and Fail..)


I started to develope some addiction to this new aspect of our hobby..

 I will never stop buying happily new releases from our traditional plastic figure manufacturers, but the use of a 3d prints at home is something reelly great ..
For example, This treeman is superb (and Huge but I do not mind so much for that) ..and also extreme cheap comparign to some equivañlent plastioc or metal market version







Monsters are funny.. But you have to realize, what supposes for my conscience, to find or create any humanoid type figure that you like at any size, and rescale that inmediately to teh best approach to our 1:72 old friends..


In some hours you got totally new figures for your Universes!! Much less limits now.. Dont need to wait for monates ofr a relase and then discover that the awaited figures are too high or too small in reality.. That can be adjusted by you.. An quality of some good sculpted models is incredible.. Judge by yourselves..



Skeletons (Model form creator Highlands miniatures) 










Then after getting n contact with our admired Plastic General Jack and his generosity in providing some incredible files, I also followe dhis steps and printed som 1/72 warhammerque goblins.. Obtained size direclt from the sample is quite close to Caesar old friend, which is happily tmy favourite size for a 1/72 goblin!!

The foot types match good with othe rmembers in my collection, as well as the wolf riders (smaller than warg riders form Alliance, but it suits to me as light moutned forces. I had also some wolves in similar size)

My greensin armies will be soon reinforced...









Almost forgot1!Also the dwarvf artillery  and Slayers I tested last time  , making tfirst hem out of scale..This time I made it better..Not so tall i(s a dwarf anyway tall at all?) But keeping better 1/72 proportion with other figures I have.. osme of the bigger versiosn were still  useful, I kept them

This is lots of fun...



7 comentarios:

  1. Those skeletons are great. 3D printing is ideal for good looking skeletons.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I really love what I am obtaining..some skeleton cavalry and more infantry poses in my production table at the moment...
      Thanks EY

      Eliminar
  2. he result is impressive, and as Eric above, I like the skeletons most! Did you find the models on Thingiverse, or did you create them yourself ? And what software to you use to modify the 3D models you can get ?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi and thank you Phil,
      I am unfortunately not a 3d designer at all...

      Thingiverse had many funny things, but not many good quality models.. Me and my friends got some professional designed models which are usually offered at support platforms as Patreon..

      The skeletons belong to HIGHLANDS MINIATURES.. really beautiful and proportioned design

      https://www.patreon.com/highlands_miniatures

      Some other exmaples are ARTISAN GUILD, KYOUSHUNEKO or MONSTRUOuS ENCOUNTERS (more Cartoon or Heroic Fantasy proportions.
      there..Pseudo original figures form game heroQuest from the 90´s!!)) and look at the "kislevites" from Kyoushuneko... MAybe I can try to do some reinforcement for you at any time

      https://www.patreon.com/ArtisanGuild?l=es
      https://www.patreon.com/monstrousencounters
      https://www.patreon.com/Kyoushuneko_Miniatures

      When i get the models, i scale them or prepare the printing trhough program CHITUBOX or BLENDER. LYCHEE is also popular

      If you are interested in some detail on this projects, just pm me in bennos or send me an email at carlosfaro@hotmail.com
      For instance i already interchanged some ideas with Jack from plastic general blog who is working exactly in same things...

      Eliminar
    2. Thank you very much for all this info! Unfortunately, I don't have a 3D printer... or, let's say, fortunately, because it looks very time consuming, the time I already don't always have to paint. One day maybe.
      Yes, I think Jack knows a lot on this subject, so enjoy, and show us more of your production!

      Eliminar
  3. Yes, It consumes time.. specially by these first steps...I Guess It goes faster in the future when I control exactly what to do. That is only for preparing the batch and supporting...Once Everything is ready to start, you just press the "print" Button and let the machine work Alone.. I can Paint more figures during that, or make other stuff :)
    We Will post more news soon

    ResponderEliminar