lunes, 15 de febrero de 2021

dwarves are slow (II)


Hi, very small progresses on the Vault Wardens..

I completed shields for 2 companies, each company including 4 teams of  shield warrior +Pike warrior

I gave the Pikemen really solid and sturdy weapons, taking som 28mm sparesparts from other bits i keepre..  Which really look appropiate for these kind or Warfare! 
The formation is comlpicated to create, but it gives good visual result.. The goblins will have real troubles to go trough this dwarf  steel wall

(My free advice for you:Never throw away any plastics even if it is out of scale.. it will be soemday...)

Hope to paint them any week...








6 comentarios:

  1. Very cool. The spears are great - where do they come from ? The association between the lancers and the shield bearers is just perfect, I'm looking forward to see them painted :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you!sadly my hands and Will of work are much slower than my plans and imagination :)

      Eliminar
    2. I forgot: Spears are from 28mm gripping beast Vikings (I Bought a 2nd hand sprue for some projects and I had still some good spare bits to use!) Round shields for example were also good enough yo Carry Dwarf King and Queen standing on them as Gaulish charachters :)

      Eliminar
    3. Thanks! I wouldn't have believed it, I would have said that 28mm spears were much too big!

      Eliminar
  2. Great conversions/additions. I love your use of bits and pieces. I agree wholeheartedly, it is amazing how a figure that you thought you'd have no use for has great potential for conversion at a later time (with items added from the bits and pieces box!).
    Regards, James

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you James! That is exactly what I think about keeping Any figure or piece that come un your hands, It could find a good use some time sooner or later

      Eliminar