sábado, 6 de octubre de 2018

Back to brushes...

Hello all, summer was quite long in Spain.. Still 25ºC today...

I needed much mind strength to come back to workshop, but here my last creations:
Fisrt More greenskins for my slowly-growing horde..

Goblins (many different 15mm orcs broguth to service as 1/72 goblins!) , general orcs (mix form plastic allliance and GW moria orcs, and more..) and some savage almost-nude  orc grunts, obviously from Caesar original set.. Warpaints are a must fot these!!!

More greenksins to come in next days...







And  second: I  finished a nice figure which was lying for months by me..

This case I moved again to Game of Thrones Universe... let me introduce Lord Tywin Lannister, senior lord of House Lannister of Casterly Rock, father of Jaime and Cersei and Hand of the King for Two Times

Some inspiration pics.. He is supposed to be tall, imposing presence, bald..
 In battle he wears some red or coloured armour.. I love the look of TV series in theis picture, and the role played by actor Charles Dance is awesome...



Here my first result in figures before finishing..






And final version after adding dome much valuable golden details!! A Houshold knight is next to him, as well as Ser Jaime on foot.,

do you guess From which bodies did I construct the figure of Tywin from???




7 comentarios:

  1. Hi sceavus, great to see more of your work. The 'savage' orcs will look great fighting your celts and Roman army!. I am really enjoying the game of thrones minis, you have done a great job on lord lanister!. As for how you made him i will guess the main body is from the italeri English knights and archers set. Not sure about the head (airfix robin hood set?). Looking forward to seeing more!.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Sprinks! I have further plans for game of thrones, I just need a secon life..
      You were right about Tywn body: I had luck since I got an extra set of Italeri english knights as present, so I could take the spare king Henry for this purpose!
      Head is not from Robin set..

      Eliminar
  2. I like. Tywin´s mounted Knights in the TV series look like they are wearing helmets from the Urukhai..possible conversion there? As sprinks has said..Tywin´s Body from the Italeri english Knights, head, Zvezda´s medieval peasant army

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Paul is the best player in this game, head comes indeed from zvezda peasants (this one changed a lot his social status..)
    Interesting suggestion for the lannister helmets... Maybe I do one or two, but I have a problem regarding the GoT Tv Series: I mostly love it, but it HATE that every House army has a funny and not realisitic internal uniformity.. They are supposed to be medieval, htat means 100% irregular... the books reflect it better, as there are a lot of total and partial house side --changes.. It is a little absurd for me to think in every house (rich or porr, big or small) developing own uniforms and even helmet designs!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree totally. I had (with the book) a much different idea of how the armies would look...especially with the main families living in the europe style Areas of the GoT world that they would share a similar look. Ok, flags and clothing colours different but like the real medieval period the weapon/armour Technology would be similar if not the same.

      Eliminar
  4. It's good to see you back, at last!
    Errr... I didn't guess anything. Now that I read the answer (Paul is a real game-breaker, and I see that Sprinks is quite good too), I understand by, because I never bought the set it comes from. Really great painting, on both orcs and Lannisters. Concerning the orcs, you've got Caesar and Dark Alliance minis here, even a GW LOTR goblin, but also metal orcs ? I don't recognize the orc in the middle, in the first picture. The warpaints are a very good idea.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thankn ypu phil,
    You had good eye with the different Brands of Orcs;
    In addition to them, I have many diverse metal figures and boardgame pieces as variety and "collector material" from all around the world..
    The middle one in first picture is a 18mm metal ogre from "Blood Dawn" /"shadow corp." Which works fine as 1/72 orc brute..

    This manufacturer has many nice and useful figs: their dwarves are 1/72 compatible, and orcs can work as goblins..

    ResponderEliminar