miércoles, 23 de octubre de 2019

Eomer of Rohan


Hello,
I apologize first to the orctoberfest colleagues, as I did leave our beloved orcish beastie boys and switched to some of their hardest enemies (at least in the Middle Earth..),

I am increasing my Rohan forces to represent as soon as possible some figting between them and my also increasing Uruk-Hai Isengard horde (my wanted scenario is battle of Helms deep but it requires big work in scenography first.. porbably some Border skirmishes to be shown firstly.)

I produced more foot Rohan warriors as well as some more horse-fighter, (more pics and posts  to come soon!), I included a picture of  King Theoden´s Guard and royal Banner, all on foot, who will be fighting in Helms Deep

I wanted to focus however in this post in a popular characher form Books and Movied: Eomer, nephew of  Theoden, heroic an noble cavalry leader. His role is a little different between book and Movie, but anyway he deserves my own 1/72 contribution to him



I converted a metal nice saxon mounted warrior from "Tumbling dice", only some Crest for his helmet, shoulder protection  more hair were needed to be similar to Peter Jackson verison..
Hope you like him. More figures form this manufacturer will be also added to the Rohan riders (several saxon, viking and norman horsemen in mail+cloak+rpund shields)

















10 comentarios:

  1. Great work Sceavus! Your Rohan Army looks fantastic.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Maudlin Jack! Hopefully 36 horse and 48 foot by the end of november

      Eliminar
  2. Nice conversion. I´m Holding on until, hopefully, RedBox will bring out a set of Rohan riders…..hopefully.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Paul, I heard that rumors too..but I could not refrain!
      Those redbox troop will rally also around the Rohan Royal Vanner

      Eliminar
  3. So cool! I want to make such a conversions too!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! Just need to try, fail, try, fail.. And having always fun with it!

      Eliminar
  4. Well well well, I leave just 3 days for a professional reason, and I discover some sort of desertion in the ranks of the Orctoberfest painters. I was going to argue, but after looking at your excellent conversion... apologies accepted :-D
    Excellent job, Sceavus, my trolls can't wait to crush such magnificent rider!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am ashamed.. So that I started to paint two Isengard trolls in compensation today..I also realized that for my around 50 defenders, maybe 200 uruk are needed and I completed only 75!

      Eliminar
  5. You are edging ever closer to helms deep!. I must admit I am looking forward to that!. The force looks great and the choice of miniature is outstanding.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks sprinks! A lot of work still straight forward to Helms Deep!
      i will start softly with maybe a minor battle , maybe the destruction of the Ugluk raiding force which was bringing hobbit prisoners to Isengard (beggining of The Two Towers)

      Eliminar