domingo, 11 de octubre de 2020

Imperial Challenge

 Hello,

As our beloved colleague Philotep threw a new Autumn Challenge to recruit an urgent army to defend the Lands of Sigmar (as posted here http://philotepsfigures.blogspot.com/ and here  http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24022)    I bring my humble contribution here...

Sadly I could just bring two men: One on foot and the other MOUNTED... I Hope they can support the Scarce Talabecland men of Count Ellector Philotep somehow ;)..













Infos: 

This challenge was a good chance for me to re-take an old project i had waiting here since some years ago... ready in 72hours of mountog-converting-painting! Help was urgently needed to fight against the Orctober-fest Threat!


The Body of the Beast is a Demigrypgh from Games Workshop.. A demigryph is supposed ot be a smaller version of a griffon, and without wings. 




So, it was easy for me to decide to get one of these figures as second hand item (around 7 eur .. I still have the original warhammer rider, not use for me right now) , because a "smaller 28mm griffon" could be indeed a very good  "big Imperial War griffon for 1/72 miniatures"..

 Just some apporpiate wings were needed (some extra work here in my huge collection and even in some toys shops) and actually I liked the result so much

Then i was thinking for as While about the heroic rider.. I decided among brilliant Orion XVI c knights set, rebix war of roses mounted Men At armas and also Redbox XIVc european Mounted Men at Arms.

This last was my choice (I was not brave enough to sacrifice one Orion unique knight-- Top right ofgure)




I tried to convert the knight first to make his helmet crest bigger, but I did a mess and I lost even the original material somwehere (becasue of my very untidy working place!) .Instead of getting angry, i went to bed to rest and on next day I made a total bigger, better new crest from green stuff and some recycled plumes from other figures (redbox medieval irish for instance). result was quite good!

Hope you like them!!







8 comentarios:

  1. Oh yes, that simple... except for the wings! Very very nice conversion, the best general an Empire gamer can imagine, and you achieved a top paintjob, congratulations !!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you! i Must actually thank you for encouraging the Empire thing, this project was lying around for so long! As Hero is ready, I should also start with the poor plain infantry todo, the same as you did!! The several swiss and landsknecht sets were indeed a good opporunity to everyone Who wished a 1/72 imperial Army! Good luck still with tour Talabecland force

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. The more I look at that figure, the better I find it... one of your best conversions, in my opinion.

      Eliminar
    2. Thank you again Phil, that is quite nice to hear. Actually i believe something similar comparing this with other items of my production...Maybe the colour choice and the festhers work specially good and that enhances this usually impressive creature even more! I al indeed quite Happy with him. I Must have a look now at your artillery

      Eliminar
  3. Wonderful conversation sir, really nicely done. He would look great on any battlefield. Of course he will need some troops to lead...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Sprinks! Yes, younare right...this was an impoissoned gift..now some poor soldiers have to be painted as well in order to give him an army!

      Eliminar