viernes, 3 de enero de 2020

Starting 2020 with test shots for Army of Stannis Baratheon

Hello and Happy new year to all of you..

 these Christmas I could not do so mucho, but let me show you muy progresses converting some medieval figures for one new open sub-project in my neverending Game of Thrones dimension: the True King Stannis Baratheon (King in Dragonstone) with some of his Stag Guardsmen...
 He is One of the hardest  and strongest Charachters un the fight for the Iron Throne.

These Stag knights are not shown as such in TV series or books, but are a very good addition for this House from the tabletop Game I discovered last year.






Can you  recognize the original parts from my Stannis versión?

I took deer horn from several strange spare figures I had..result looks quite good in muy opinión. Hope to Paint them soon (some yellow and dark green colour scheme will be chosen, actually this army had not a very distnctive look, apart from the Stannis sigil itself: the black crowned Stag of House Baratheon, but in red instead yellow field, surrounded biy red flames of the Lord of the Light after "converted" by mysterious priest Melissandre.
Colours,  flags and the Horns in helmets will help for vision joy

The poor 1:72 red woman was lonely on my Desk for so long...




9 comentarios:

  1. Great figures! I haven't seen these before.
    Happy New Year

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Sceavus, and a happy new year!
    I'm not sure, but I guess that Stannis is made from William the Conqueror, but the head ? American pioneers ? The horns seem to come from Battlelore undead riders - good idea! I need some horns for a fantasy priestess, and I didn't even think of it, although I have these minis at home :)
    And you chose the best figure for Melissandre.
    I'm looking forward to see them painted.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Philotep, you were right about the hornos from battlelore! As there are 9 udentical poses in that box, and I was able to make 2 pairs from a single figure, I Will create more. If you have them also for sure you can make that fantasy shaman or whatever..

      The body if Stannis come from Orión russian foot druzinha (It took me time to find a good nobleman with cloak and sword, with light armor in this case was good.
      Head was Aldo difficult (some head with only little hair and some beard) , I found him among old airfix Robin Hood merry peasant bandits ..Never understimate the power of the old classics..

      The Other shown knights are Zvezda HYW english, Miniart italian Knight, redbox burgundian

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Sceavus, happy new year!. The horns look really good, I'm looking forward to seeing these in battle. I'm not sure on the parts for Stannis, I can see some zvesda English knights with him which look great but he has left me guessing. Great stuff.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi sprinks thank you, you guessed right a little as you can read above ,

      I Will test them un Battle as soon as posible.. Please vote: fighting first the wildlings of Mance Rayder or fighting Tyrion Lannister and his valyrian wildfire in the Blackwaters Bay?

      Eliminar
  4. I would say: the Wildlings first. You must test your new knights before sending them in a major battle :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Respuestas
    1. Thank you hightower! Painted pics to show during this week

      Eliminar