lunes, 23 de septiembre de 2019

The Free Folk


I made some progresses in my Wildling army.. enough battles between knights and men at arms, time for something savage... Here my first units for a Free Folk-Mance Rayder- The Kind Beyond the Wall- army! Including two giants from the cold!

Do you recognize the origin of my "wildlings"?



The leader Rattleshirt in the front attack position



They are attacking some "Crows" from the night Watch..



Some characters/Leaders: Rattleshirt"Lord of Bones", Tormund Giantsbane and Ygritte the archer

I am mostly inspired by TV series, but art from the game cards themselves are quite beautiful and inspiring









The first assembled army, ready to be tested in an upcoming Battle test: 2 units of raiders, one of trappers, one of "cave dwellers" (I found finally a good use for the strange fur barbarians from Esci!!)


Charachters chosen: Tormund as general and Ygritte as support in the trappers unit


Giants still there..



Non Combat Units: Styr Magnar of the Thenn, and Mance Raider himself

Some scary power is approaching from the woods.. This raiding party must go for it to take direct knowledge of this threat


The army of the Dead!!!



What will happen?? Battle " Dead snow" narrated in my next post!



7 comentarios:

  1. Very nice! See, you used Orion's slavis warriors for them.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes , i took many "wild looking" sets as orion slavic, strelets and linearA ancient germans, dacians and so on
      I am preparing also a "élite" Thenn unit from añliance Cimmerians

      Eliminar
  2. Beautiful work Sceavus, you have captured the spirit of the free folk perfectly. I really like the choice of mini for rattleshirt, he has painted up really well. Cant wait to see the rest.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Than you for such nice words Sprinks, I am investing really a lot of work and illusion on this big Project, trying to keep all the sensations and feelings I had with GRR Martin books and Tv Series stored close to me with all these little figures :)

      The Night Watch is coming soon :)

      Eliminar
  3. I love the way you mix so many sets to get an awesome wildlings unit! And a good inspiration for color schemes too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks Phil, it is so good having your visit again,
      More figs to come soon but first tke Orktoberfest challenge will be accomplished!

      Eliminar