viernes, 25 de enero de 2019

Goblins and Wound markers


Hi, I was not so active last days...

Just  small things,: I started also, as other colleagues with the newest alliance nasty goblins..
As I am more classic and too Warhammer/Warcraft oriented, I kept a typical Greenskin scheme! Only one figure as example till now

I also went on with an old mithril big orc/hobgoblin chieftain which was lying around for 30 years.. He had lost one arm so I had to replace it,,,

In the pic you see also  a rare metal fig from an strange game named "Quest for the Dragonlords" which includes several beautiful figures (maybe some small, around scale 18-20mm) This is an orc archer which can be intriduced in my horde with no much problems :)





I also took the head of one standard bearer  from Alliance set, which is in my opinion too oversized... but i put it on a goblin wolf rider which I had form boardgame DEFENDERS OF THE REALM -around 25mm scale- , and the result is not bad for a great hoblin or hobgoblin elite warrior-what do you think??



Some comparison to 1/72  Kislev winged lancer...errr.. i meant polish winged hussar  :) 

(yes I know, I have to paint reins and details of the horse still...)


The Same lancer against the great chieftain



And a little show of my growing wolf rider  "orcoid" forces (the debate of orc-goblin-hobgoblin is too much for me already!!)

From lefty to right:
My converted alliance-def.of Realm figure
Games Workshop Moria orc on Zombicide wolf
Mounted  metal orc- also from rare game QUEST FOR THE DRAGONLORDS
 Hyena rider goblin from BATTLELLROE (1st Ed.)
Foot alliance goblin

Miniart germanic warrio (unfinished) for human size 1/72 comparison




In addition to that, I was wodnering how to represent wound counters in several game ideas I have in mind .
I do not like round, or square, or any regular form. I do not like to see numbers (even If I have to count I do not want to find it so "mechanical". I hate "hearts" or blood single drops. Skulls were a nice Idea but still not convencing me.. I wanted to find some kind of "blood splat"..

Searched a lot in the web even found some possible metacrylate nice pieces (5 eur for 10 markers though..) but suddenly in the little "1 eur" cheap shop under my home I found the following jelly "thing".

Result is awesome and a lot of Material. 1,80 eurand no shipment costs :)
... Damn Bloody result...












4 comentarios:

  1. Awesome looking greenskins Sceavus, I like the use of different size pieces and rather think goblins/orcs/hobgablins would be mixed up within an army. The wound markers are great, such a brilliant idea. They will look fantastic on the table.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Nice colour tone for the green ones. The mix of different bods is a great idea.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thalía Hightower, looking forward to see more of your productions!

      Eliminar